No heating or hot water?
This issue can be caused by anything from faulty motorised valves, broken system diaphragms and airlocks, to low pressure or a broken thermostat. To determine whether this issue is caused by low pressure, you should check your pressure gauge to see if it is below.
How to increase Boiler pressure
- Switch off and allow your boiler to cool.
- Double-check that both ends of the filling loop are securely attached.
- Open both valves, to allow cold mains water into the system (you should hear it)
- Wait for the pressure gauge to read 1.5 bar.
- Close both valves, one after the other.